The party today
The party today
The Democratic Party of Uzbekistan “Milliy Tiklanish” (short official name – DPUz “Milliy Tiklanish”) was formed on the basis of the two parties in accordance with the Decree of the Joint Congress of the Democratic Party of Uzbekistan “Milliy Tiklanish” and the National Democratic Party of Uzbekistan “Fidokorlar”.
On August 11, 2008, the Democratic Party of Uzbekistan “Milliy Tiklanish” was re-registered in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Uzbekistan (the certificate No. 194-P).
THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY OF UZBEKISTAN “MILLIY TIKLANISH”
- creation of favorable conditions for the growth of national consciousness, formation and strengthening the sense of national pride, devotion and love for the country in citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- uniting patriots of the country in its ranks, mobilization of their intellectual and creative potential for serving Uzbekistan and enhancing its international authority;
- making effective contribution to the patriotic education of youth in the spirit of respect, love and pride in their homeland, ready for any conditions to protect and defend national independence, values, traditions and customs of people, to fight against the attempts of infringement of its spiritual needs and interests.
FOR ACHIEVING ITS GOALS, THE PARTY:
- conducts agitation and propaganda work among the population, takes measures for the implementation of programs aimed at making available to the public of the goals and objectives of the Party;
- works with young people, attracts them for participation in implementation of the youth policy of the Party;
- draws attention of the public to the important socio-political and socio-economic problems and forms a positive public opinion about the ways of solving them by means of the party;
- studies, analyzes and summarizes the respective interests, the needs of citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan, finds and offers forms of implementing the interests of their constituents in the form of proposals on new draft laws and decisions of the state governing bodies;
- provides full participation of citizens in democratic elections at all levels – from the district and city Kengashes of people’s deputies to Jokargy Kenes of the Republic of Karakalpakstan and the Legislative Chamber of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan – by nomination of candidates from the Party on all the formed constituencies.
The party has 14 territorial (the Republic of Karakalpakstan, Tashkent city and in all regions of the country), 23 city and 171 district Councils of the party.
Among the representatives of the party, there are such distinguished figures in the spheres of science, culture, art, literature, industry and other sectors of the state and public activity, making a worthy contribution to strengthening the credibility and prestige of the country, as well as earned the sincere love of our people, such as Heroes of Uzbekistan Isakhon Bakhromov, Mavluda Ismatova, people’s artist of Uzbekistan Ortikali Kozokov, holder of the title “Uzbekiston iftikhori”, FIFA referee Ravshan Irmatov, people’s artist of Uzbekistan Ozodbek Nazarbekov, olympic champion and world champion in boxing Mukhammadkodir Abdullayev, Abbos Atoev. In addition, members of our party are the owners of a number of high titles, orders and medals of our country, many doctors and candidates of sciences.
• deputies of the Legislative Chamber of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan – 32
• deputies of Jokargy Kenes of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regional and Tashkent city Kengashes of people’s deputies – 171
• deputies of the district and of city Kengashes of people’s deputies – 906
In addition, 16 members of the party are elected as members of the Senate of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan.